Ensure you downsize with Dignity and Restructure the right way
While this may mean the survival of the organisation and retention of much of the current workforce, it is those who are made redundant who will bear the burden on behalf of the company, the shareholders, management and the remaining employees.
Employees whose roles have disappeared will face a challenging future in a country where all indicators point to rising unemployment and recession.
With so much at stake, there is a call for organisations to DOWNSIZE WITH DIGNITY!
360HR Solutions's 'On the Bench' Program
When you must let people go, your entire organisation can flounder. Suddenly staff and executive morale decreases for those remaining and those leaving. It doesn’t have to be this way.
In fact, with the right combination of outplacement, HR and coaching services you can strengthen rather than weaken your organisation.
To insulate results and outcomes during the downsizing (or “rightsizing”) process, you need to consider how to:
Empower your managers to trim your workforce strategically by focusing on positions rather than people.
Give individuals facing redundancy support that is ethically and morally decent and aim for people to leave on a positive note.
Give your transition a narrative about renewal that galvanises all levels within your reshaped organisation.
Using the universal theme of sport, the 360HR Solutions Outplacement Program, ‘On the Bench’, is designed for use with employees of all levels and has at its core a determination to “Downsize with Dignity”.
Key elements include:
- A well-designed and executed plan with a focus on common decency.
- Employees to be advised by their manager using open and honest communication with emphasis on the position not the person.
- Managers to be provided with support and advice on how to manage the process.
- Managers to also communicate openly with the remaining team.
- A career support program provided to displaced employees enabling them to be assisted by a coach during challenges post separation and throughout the job seeking process.